Monday, October 13, 2008

Birds of a Feather

Here we are with only 20 odd days left until the presidential election, and I must admit I am worried sick that Obama may be elected. With all the information that is available to us, I am astounded that so few individuals are taking any real interest in this election. I believe that so many of us are simply sitting back on our laurels and not taking this too seriously. What will move people to become involved?

My blessed mother was very interested in politics and all through my childhood I remember hearing her discuss the different agendas of the day with family and friends. Perhaps that is why my sister and I are so interested. It certainly made us more aware of our world and this wonderful country we live in.

I am appalled by the flippant attitude of the left. They have used the same old defense mechanisms for years. When questioned about Obama's involvement with people like William Ayers the defense is: "Obama was 8 years old when Ayers bombed the Pentagon." Well Obama wasn't 8 years when he started a long term working relationship with this domestic terrorist. He wasn't 8 years old when he launched his political career out of Ayer's livingroom. He wasn't 8 years old when Ayers maintained that he was not sorry for what he did. In fact he doesn't feel he did enough!

I learned at an early age that birds of a feather flock together; that you are judged by the company you keep. So what are the people of the United States thinking? This (among other grievances) is a travisty of justice!

If you are on the fence about this election please do not vote for a 3rd party. You will be wasting your vote. We know that one of the two major parties will win. I will honest in saying that McCain was not my pick for the Republican ticket, but given the alternative I have no choice but to vote for him and trust that he will do the better job.

I hope that when you go to the polls next month that you do some research before you cast your vote. Don't be a sheeple. You, your children and grandchildren may live to seriously regret it.

No comments: