Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's a beautiful sunny day in southwest Washington. The sky is a china blue with big puffy clouds floating in the sunshine. I'm meeting some friends for happy hour this afternoon. It should prove to be a lot of fun chatting, eating and of course having a drink or two.

My brother in law and sister put in a huge pond this summer. He designed it and did all the work too, placing the rocks just so. It took him nearly 2 months to complete the pond itself , and landscaping will be done next spring. It took a week to fill the thing, and within another week algae was growing. The water is crystal clear, but they have a string algae problem that will need to be treated very soon. It is a fabulous water feature with two huge waterfalls. I hope to put some pictures up soon. Madison just loved it, and went swimming in it before the weather turned too cool.

Steve's birthday is coming up this month and I am raking my brain for gift ideas. What do you buy someone who has nearly everything? I think men are so hard to buy for.

I hope you are all having a good day. See you tomorrow.

2 comments:

SolitaryDancer said...

pictures??????

Actually, just glad you're back among the blogging :-)

Deb

Robyn said...

Thanks Deb! I've missed you too! Pics are forthcoming - new camera so need to figure out how to import them.