Thursday, October 9, 2008

New Beginnings

It has been so long since I have written in my journal - over 3 years! I guess I just became overwhelmed with trying to keep up with everything that was going on in my life at the time. Some of you may have thought that I had fallen off the face of the earth, but that didn't happen. A few glitches here and there, but I am doing fine.

I am now officially retired - whatever that means. I was severed from my job after 26 years on June 27th of this year. After a nice little severence package and fairly decent pension I am on to a new chapter in my life. And I am still not sure what that will entail either. Stick around, I'm sure the best is yet to come.

I was blessed with another granddaughter in August. Her name is Reegan Marie. There was much fuss about the name - in fact my son and daughter in law waited until the day she was coming home to name her, because they couldn't agree on what it should be. Danelle won out on the first name - after all, she did have to go through the C-section! Steve picked the middle name - named after my mom's middle name, which I thought was so sweet. My mother would be so honored that he did that. Reegan is a beautiful baby with a full head of dark brown hair just like her mom. She literally looks like a doll. And such a good baby too! No colic or excessive crying. She is the exact opposite of my darling Madison, who is now 5 years old. How the time flies when you're having fun!

Katie Rose and Sophie Jo (my two Westies) are doing fine and thriving on my home cooking. They love Madison! You should see them all running through my backyard when Madison comes to visit. I will always say that a Westie is one of the best dogs for kids - but be prepared for grooming if you decide to buy one.

I will close today simply stating that it is good to be back blogging, as I have missed it and all of you for sometime now.

Wishing you all a blessed day!

1 comment:

SolitaryDancer said...

So good to see you on Blogger.

I miss seeing the sweet Westies of yours.

Deb

ps: Lots of catching up to do.